Thread: NP205 Transfer case question

Default NP205 Transfer case question

I"m looking at buying a 1980 K30 SRW as a project truck to mess with. Current owner says that it runs and drives but occasionally the transfer case pops out of gear. He thinks the linkage may need adjustment. Is this possible or am I looking at it being something more then that? For the price hes asking I'm probably going to get it anyways but Id like to know what I may be getting myself into. Also, it comes with an old western conventional mount plow. Looks like an 8 1/2 ft? How are these things?

As far as U know there is no adjustment. She don't look to bad, if the price is right, grab it.

Mechanical linkage could be worn and when shifting into 4wd it's not fully engaging, thus popping oot.
    No matter where you go.....there you are........

Linkage worn....
    even if it is rattling .

im betting it needs to be split apart and the sliding collar replaced along with the syencro and gear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Went and looked at it earlier this week and had to pass on it unfortunately. With me not having a spot to give it the work it needed I couldn't see buying it. Was going to need a new cab and then some sort of bed or flat bed. Basically I would have been buying it for the drive train. If I had a shop that I could keep it in and work on it when I had the chance it might be a different story. So my search continues for an old square body with a conventional mount plow.

How much did they want for it Will?

2200. Missed out on another K30 SRW yesterday. It was 3 hrs away and I was trying to figure out when I could meet the seller of it when someone else came in and bought it. I've learned 2 things as Ive been looking for one of these. 1) If you want it and it's a good deal, BUY IT. These things go quick. 2) For one in good shape, I'm going to have to spend a little more then I thought.

Thread Information