Thread: Scammer or baby?

Default Scammer or baby?

1st one of the year.

CLARENCE CENTER, N.Y. (WIVB) — A group of neighbors say a snow plow driver left them out in the cold — and out hundreds of dollars. But the plow company is giving a bit of a different story.
    Amy Lipinski says she’s frustrated after paying $325 for ZHS Enterprises to plow snow around her home in Clarence Center.
    “He said he had multiple drivers, multiple trucks and it sounded like a great deal,” said Amy Lucinski.
    She was referred the owner, Brian Zoeller, by other neighbors. Many of them now say they want their money back.
    “He was telling me how he took great pride in the work he did, he didn’t want his workers to be lazy,” said Gary McLouth, who also hired ZHS Enterprises for snow plowing.
    Lucinski paid in full and signed a contract where Zoeller agreed to plow snow from November 1st to April 1st.
    “He came a few times early in December and we didn’t have a problem but one day he just didn’t show up,” said Lucinski.
    According to the contract Zoeller only plows “when snowfall is more than 3 inches.” But Lucinski says even when there was more than that he didn’t come.
    “You know it starts building up,” said Lucinski.
    About nine other neighbors in Lucinski’s neighborhood paid Zoeller about $300 for the same service and have the same complaint. They say the contractor, Zoeller, hasn’t been back in the neighborhood after the most recent snowfall and hasn’t returned calls or messages.
    “No one has heard from this guy, he stopped returning messages, texts and we were just kind of left scratching our heads,” said Lucinski.
    It’s also left them to shovel or plow their own driveways.
    “New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, snowed again he told me we didn’t have enough snow I went out and measured it there as 3 to 4 inches,” said McLouth.
    Gary McLouth says when he reached out to Zoeller he said he was sick.
    “If you’re sick, if ‘m sick I can’t just not go to work, I have to have somebody there to take care of my business,” said Kris McLouth, Gary’s wife.
    Zoeller didn’t want to talk on camera but he tells News 4 he’s had pneumonia for weeks. He says he sent someone else out to plow the area around Christmas and to communicate with neighbors about what the contract says. Both Lucinski and the McLouth’s say no one else ever came.
    ZHS Enterprises isn’t accredited by the Better Business Bureau, but it’s not a requirement.
    News 4 checked with the BBB to see if they’re any other complaints, a rep says they’re looking into it.

Both

Is $325/season reasonable for a driveway in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by snocrete View Post
    Is $325/season reasonable for a driveway in that area?
    Kind of lite, good service starts at 450.00

Question is did his equipment get repo'ed.
    Not a scam but got to mulch work with no backup plan.if something happened to him or equipment.
    Oh sure you're street smart.

Sesame Street Smart.

Are there laws up there that kinda govern snow plowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    Are there laws up there that kinda govern snow plowing?
    nope

Would they have paid in full, or is it paid say in three payments? He may have gotten sick, but he lied about the size of his biusness.

I offer a third option; millennial dreamer.

he borrowed money from his parents to buy a used truck with plow, envisioned growing a major plow business in one winter, talked to people he knew that owned underused plows about subbing for him, then went out and sold the hell out of contracts. Probably thought he was the worlds best salesman since he never did any pricing research or cost calculations, and underpriced the service (based on GV's numbers for the area.) Then it snowed and half his help didn't show and the half that did, fuel, materials, etc. cost more then he bargianed for, then he ran the "new" used truck in to the ground, had another dream and walked away.

Homepage

Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler

don't pay up front ,then if you get burned you'll only loose out one payment.

Don't pay upfront and you won't be my customer.

Why aren't pics allowed in the signature line?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark O View Post
    Don't pay upfront and you won't be my customer.
    I can’t imagine not getting something up front. We do 60% down by Oct 15th & remaining 40% due by Jan 15 or service stops...but we don’t have much for seasonal accounts. Very tough sell here with our amounts. But on the flip side, what we do have, is fetching double what that area is...comparably.

Quote Originally Posted by snocrete View Post
    I can’t imagine not getting something up front. We do 60% down by Oct 15th & remaining 40% due by Jan 15 or service stops...but we don’t have much for seasonal accounts. Very tough sell here with our amounts. But on the flip side, what we do have, is fetching double what that area is...comparably.
    We have been screwed once and that was enough.

Payment is upon acceptance or you're not on the list.

Why aren't pics allowed in the signature line?

I vote for bashers option

Payment up front seems to be the norm with seasonal residential anymore. Most we'll do is 2 payments, the majority make 1 payment at the beginning of the season. Too hard to chase money after the season ends, and with the never ending amounts of scams and dis-honest people out there, the more we can reduce our risk, the better. We won't take a check from anyone we don't have a history with anymore, and credit cards we more or less hold our breath on whether or not someone's going to get pissy and start a charge-back. So far, we've won every charge-back, but it's a PITA none-the-less.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCLA View Post
    Woulda shoulda coulda...if's and but's are like monkeys and nutz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    THIS MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY IGNORANT BRAINWASHED CITIZENS FOR A NOT SO GOOD CAUSE AND VARIOUS POLICE STATE AGENDA LOBBYING GROUPS

Thread Information