Thread: 2008 volvo xc70 trailer

Default 2008 volvo xc70 trailer

Since i am thinking of selling truck and plow i was wondering about putting a trailer on the station wagon . prefferably a aluminum trailer. Mostly just haul a couple snowblowers, maybe building supplies, atvs, at the most maybe a little john deere tractor with bucket loader on it i was looking at (tinyist they make i think) . any thoughts appreciated.

And yes, i am serious. I dont want to pay what they want for trucks right now i want to save $$. Thinking i can get a aluminum trailer for a couple grand and only $25 a year to register it way more efficient. I did look at a 6.0 ford (used) but after weighing it out dont need it or want the headache. Sick of working on chit/paying for chit. And no i am not getting rid of my station wagon i love my station wagon more than the truck

Only thing a trailer can't do that the pick up can is plow snow. I own lots of trailers and often use one of them behind the pick up rather then use the pick up bed. Lower bed height so easier to load and you carry weight lower providing load control, loads can be left on trailer freeing truck for other duties, many reasons to have a trailer.

Homepage

Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler

You have a rec for hitch max weight or trailer model basher

http://www.repusa.com/listing/2414/2...=5a0e5afc75469. Thinking maybe this but there is also smaller ones alum only 700 curb weight just not sure on getting the wheelers all on. Tractor supply has a duel axle but might be overkill on this car

The dual axle does have electric brakes though but 1500 curb weight not good for car. On other hand electric brakea to stop very good for car. Pick your poision seems

Great... Guy who i THOUGHT was buying my truck and plow for 3800 just backed out. I already put money down on the hitch and trailer (on order). My only other offer is from a dealer who only offered 2500 for it. So i went and bought a new battery and solenoid for it (plow no worky) might as well....

Okay loadright galvanized single axle atv trailer with side ramps 18 ft costing me 2500$ good deal or no? It is all a six week delivery wait...weighs 1000 lbs payload 2500 or so 3500 lb axle

Yeah and you the trailer guy basher so where the advice?

Not a bad deal, not sure about Maine law but most states don't even require inspections on trailers that small, just pay the bill. Could be worth adding electric brakes, lot of piece of mind when towing at the max.

Homepage

Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler

The guys doing the install were great. Unfortunately i ended up turning down that trailer for this one only weighs 685 lbs. Even the wheels are aluminum. Car drives great with it. Not sure how long it will last? Payload like 2400. Hopefully it lasts a long time.

What does suck. Is it dont have tie downs. I do like how the trailer flexes it seems way smoother than pulling steel trailers

Looks scarp fer a family man

Single dad 3 kids. Kinda like chevy chase in national lampoons minus the wife

Next question. E track or d rings. Galvanized or zinc. Backing plates or no? Do i really have to use poly washers because its aluminum? Just don't want to break the thing. I know jack a out aluminum except that tin cans dont rust but crush easily

Thread Information