Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plow season getting closer now

Actually , I just want to enjoy winter again.

sno~ happens, get over et.
    It's knot a cry'ses

Im going ice fishing, skiing , or a wak wit da dog

if et et was a real crosses you'd bee plowed oot, ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark O View Post
    http://nateslandscape.com/

Apparently he's the brain trust behind the system. Butt, he wouldn't answer of the questions posed to him on another site. All valid questions, none attacking him personally. Even if it is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever seen.
    I could tell you all kind of stories about that guy, we've been dealing with him here for many years. I've employed 2 different guys who worked for him, and he even was attempting to pour driveways/patio's and such years ago. Now, he mostly focuses on plowing snow & grass cutting/fertilizing.

When the Walmarts first went to NSP's a few years ago, it was pretty comical hearing him and Steve's buddy (the one he bought the International demo truck from) beat the heck out of each other..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
    And why I am always bitching about stuff? I'm really like bir.

Quote Originally Posted by jomama45 View Post
    I could tell you all kind of stories about that guy, we've been dealing with him here for many years. I've employed 2 different guys who worked for him, and he even was attempting to pour driveways/patio's and such years ago. Now, he mostly focuses on plowing snow & grass cutting/fertilizing.

When the Walmarts first went to NSP's a few years ago, it was pretty comical hearing him and Steve's buddy (the one he bought the International demo truck from) beat the heck out of each other..........
    Stories sound interesting. Please share.

Oh do tell...

Why aren't pics allowed in the signature line?

According to his website Nates has an impressive fleet of equipment. His ego is as big as his fleet?

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    According to his website Nates has an impressive fleet of equipment. His ego is as big as his fleet?

By the bye....what is your expert opinion of the QuickCube?

Is it a Quick way to allow Boss to take your money? And a long way of not recovering your investment?

Is it a Quick way to allow Boss to take your money? And a long way of not recovering your investment?
    Since you're talking about sweet ass salt spreaders, why haven't we started talking about arctic's new bastard child?

It's something that's new. They do get points for innovation for sure. And for sure there's an ass for every seat....or piece of equipment.

It's not practical for a commercial site that I would stage a skid with pusher on. Would need too many of those containers to salt it. I can't make sense of it. I suppose a condo community with lots of driveways, or a parking deck might be a better fit. The problem there would be using an exothermic product in it.

I see a lot of time and expence loading them, delivering them, staging em, filling em, refilling em, moving them around, brining them back to the shop, cleaning them and generally dicking around with them.

Thats not an expert opinion. Just my opinion.

It's something that's new. They do get points for innovation for sure. And for sure there's an ass for every seat....or piece of equipment.

It's not practical for a commercial site that I would stage a skid with pusher on. Would need too many of those containers to salt it. I can't make sense of it. I suppose a condo community with lots of driveways, or a parking deck might be a better fit. The problem there would be using an exothermic product in it.

I see a lot of time and expence loading them, delivering them, staging em, filling em, refilling em, moving them around, brining them back to the shop, cleaning them and generally dicking around with them.

Thats not an expert opinion. Just my opinion.
    Like. Sounds like the same thoughts that everyone but "Nate" have on these things.

woodenshoe is offline I'm dutch, that has to count for something

Contracts are flowing in nicely (for now), until we hit near record highs for the remainder of this week, that's when people forget about snow in Michigan...
    Defcon 1,000,000

I probably shouldn't say too much over the internet, he'd probably try to sue me for "libel" knowing him and his posse. But, if you guy's wanted to buy me a beer sometime, I'll be more likely to spill the beans...........

Actually, I will mention that his company slogan for many years was "A Christian Based Company" or something like that, so you guys are free to make your own assumptions.

As for the Boss Cubes and his company, I can see how they might work for him. When it comes to density, I'm not sure you could imagine a route less dense than his. They have stuff scattered all over. I'm not sure how he makes it profitable, but it's not uncommon to see him park a skid steer at a 1/2 acre gas station site for the year with nothing else within driving distance. He also has sites 30+ minutes away from his shop, so I'm sure sending a truck out to salt these sites can become a challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
    And why I am always bitching about stuff? I'm really like bir.

They have stuff scattered all over. I'm not sure how he makes it profitable, but it's not uncommon to see him park a skid steer at a 1/2 acre gas station site for the year with nothing else within driving distance.
    In that case it would make sense to have one of those quickcubes on site. What doesn't make sense is parking a skid on a site like that.

I'm a good Christian. Been through catechism and confirmation. Don't go to church religiously now a day's but give religiously because our church helps out so many poorer parishes. However, It's a real turn off when an employer want's to inject his religion in the work place through his advertising, marketing, his statements or catch phrases, or in company meetings. That and/or the employers political beliefs are out of bounds in the workplace. Most owners have tunnel vision and just don't know when to shut up about such things.

I probably shouldn't say too much over the internet, he'd probably try to sue me for "libel" knowing him and his posse. But, if you guy's wanted to buy me a beer sometime, I'll be more likely to spill the beans...........
    You have my number...

Actually, I will mention that his company slogan for many years was "A Christian Based Company" or something like that, so you guys are free to make your own assumptions.
    I'm pretty conservative, especially by "Christian" standards. But, 1 of 2 things my dad told me:
    1) If you have to tell someone your a Christian (whether it be in business or daily walk), you're doing something wrong.
    2) Don't trust anyone that smiles ALL the time.

As for the Boss Cubes and his company, I can see how they might work for him. When it comes to density, I'm not sure you could imagine a route less dense than his. They have stuff scattered all over. I'm not sure how he makes it profitable, but it's not uncommon to see him park a skid steer at a 1/2 acre gas station site for the year with nothing else within driving distance. He also has sites 30+ minutes away from his shop, so I'm sure sending a truck out to salt these sites can become a challenge.
    That's just stupidly insane.

However, It's a real turn off when an employer want's to inject his religion in the work place through his advertising, marketing, his statements or catch phrases, or in company meetings. That and/or the employers political beliefs are out of bounds in the workplace. Most owners have tunnel vision and just don't know when to shut up about such things.
    Most of my employees are of the same political persuasion as I am, but I still don't bring it up. If they say something I'll join in the conversation, but that's it.

Same for religion, I don't push it on anyone, but will discuss it if they bring it up.

A skid steer on a 1/2 acre gas station?

Explains how he thinks he can be more profitable with those cubes if he thinks he can be profitable putting a skid on a single gas station miles from any other account.
    Most of my employees are of the same political persuasion as I am, but I still don't bring it up. If they say something I'll join in the conversation, but that's it.

Same for religion, I don't push it on anyone, but will discuss it if they bring it up.
    A very wise person once told me that someone that shares their religious views with you almost never wants you to share yours with them.

From his website:

Our service area ranges throughout Southeastern Wisconsin from Manitowoc to Racine.
    Holy Carp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Google shows that as 109 miles and 2 hours in good weather.

If I were to go 109 miles as the crow flies from GR, that would almost put me in Landgreen's front yard, Luther's back yard and blazer2's front yard, one way only.

That's even dumber than a skidsteer parked on a half acre lot. With or without lake effect.

Now imagine hauling hundreds of those dumbass cubes in circles to salt all those sites.

From his website:

Holy Carp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Google shows that as 109 miles and 2 hours in good weather.

If I were to go 109 miles as the crow flies from GR, that would almost put me in Landgreen's front yard, Luther's back yard and blazer2's front yard, one way only.

That's even dumber than a skidsteer parked on a half acre lot. With or without lake effect.
    We're going to do a site an hour and a half away. Heres to good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    We're going to do a site an hour and a half away. Heres to good luck
    1 site...bet it's not a small site.

1 site...bet it's not a small site.
    Just a half acre gas station.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Just a half acre gas station.

See the snow oot west?

et did the same thing last year, it snows early, then et melts.

avg temps 60's for the next 10-20 days.oot west...

it can snow snow on any day of the year in da mountains.

a pic from RL @ 5000ft
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SnoFarmer View Post
    See the snow oot west?

a pic from RL @ 5000ft
    Ben snowing up high for a couple weeks ..... hit mid 30's at my place last night.
    No matter where you go.....there you are........

Quote Originally Posted by SnoFarmer View Post
    See the snow oot west?

a pic from RL @ 5000ft
    No, I dint, et's two fahr aweigh...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information