Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tools & tools

I've seen a few shops with an OTC, it's a decent tool. I've seen several shops with a few cheapies scattered across the shop. Bent/broken C-frames, stripped treads, mangled and twisted cups, missing pieces. Out of six kits they couldn't put one full set together.
    And I've see the Snap On. No comparison. The funny thing is that what most guys spend on the cheapies in a year or two they could buy the good one and be done with it. Of course they should take care of it, not throw it in the puddle or on the ground.
    Caucasian and Confident

Thanks guys for the info.
    I am going to get the OTC set.
    After thanking about it. Im not a shop just a guy helping family and friends out. For some cash not beer money prices. A little more than that. And how often will i use one?
    I did look at the two. And yes the Snap-on set was hands down better of the 2. For as much as I would like it. It would not be a worthwhile investment on my part.
    Now if i was i was a shop and doing it 10 times a month.
    Than yes the Snap-on.
    Oh sure you're street smart.

Sesame Street Smart.

Shops not taking care of tools nor investing once in good ones Palmer? Completely unheard of.

The OTC kit will serve you well Dave. Like I said its #2 on the list and although I haven't used mine in years I still keep it around as an emergency back up just in case. Plus its the kit I'll loan out to home gamer type buddies so that if it disappears or whatever I'm not out on the street.

Got my press in today.
    I am impressed with it. Most the parts say made in the U.S.A. all but one cup and the case.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sesame Street Smart.

Mulch of OTC's hard tools are still US made. Not all but surprisingly more than most guys purchasing expect. Its their electronic tools and equipment that are mostly Hencho en Chinaco.

New tool Tuesday. Yes I know it's Wednesday needed a new axle nut set.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sesame Street Smart.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information