Thread: Help with meyer plow mount

Default Help with meyer plow mount

I have a 2000 gmc 1500 and I am trying to put an old style meyer plow on it. I believe it is the classic mount system. The plow is to old and they do not sell a bracket to fit my truck. Has anyone ever put one of these on a gmc 1500 before and if so how did you build your mount.

Thanks!!

Default Re: Help with meyer plow mount

Are you sure its a classic?? Is the arch that holds the powerhead round tube or angle iron? could you mean a conventional mount?

does it look like this?

or this?

Homepage

Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    Are you sure its a classic?? Is the arch that holds the powerhead round tube or angle iron? could you mean a conventional mount?

does it look like this?

or this?
    Yea it is the bottom one the old angle iron style

Sorry Charlie not legal to mount an any truck made after 1994, so since your truck was designed and manufactured well after that date no conventional mount was ever designed. Therefore no drawings. you can go to any of the manufacturer's websites and go though their service library looking at mount system designed for your truck.

I would STRONGLY advise you not install that system on that truck, but if you decide to do so I recommend you get a fabricator with experience in this type of work to help/do it. We do custom mounts, etc. regularly, but sorry if you brought it to my shop I would turn you down.

on the other hand, you can buy the right stuff used for a grand, very popular mount.

Homepage

Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    Sorry Charlie not legal to mount an any truck made after 1994, so since your truck was designed and manufactured well after that date no conventional mount was ever designed. Therefore no drawings. you can go to any of the manufacturer's websites and go though their service library looking at mount system designed for your truck.

I would STRONGLY advise you not install that system on that truck, but if you decide to do so I recommend you get a fabricator with experience in this type of work to help/do it. We do custom mounts, etc. regularly, but sorry if you brought it to my shop I would turn you down.

on the other hand, you can buy the right stuff used for a grand, very popular mount.

Thanks for all the input I guess I should have done a little more research before I bought that system

Thread Information