Thread: Need advice on changing out a deutsch plug

Default Need advice on changing out a deutsch plug

Hello. I have a 24d with the deutsch connectors. Some wires have come loose and pins are bad. Has anyone changed this connector to a different connector? What are my options for connectors?? I am checking with laddinc.com about prices on new deutsch connectors and pins. I am looking for options and sources. Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: Need advice on changing out a deutsch plug

Just based off the title I thought this thread was about something completely different. Sorry I can't help.

��

the issue with deutsch connector pins is the tool to replace them, it's prohibitively expensive. are the pins bad or is it the housing itself?

Some people have used 9 pin truck/trailer connectors to replace the deutsch connectors

Homepage

Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler

Think it's pins as wires have pulled out. Our local sno way dealer burnt to the ground and they lost the tools in the fire. Since they no longer carry sno way, they never got new tools. What does a truck 9 pin connector look like? Are you talking like the plug that is on my truck hitch? If so I was worried that plug would not handle the amps/ power. Can I splice connectors off a different brand of plow like a western or fisher.

Thread Information