Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blizzard to snowex

Quote Originally Posted by 2COR517 View Post
    That puts a new paint job on things. I would imagine the end of the line is coming for chain lifts with the exception of Roy
    Fixed that for you

Steve informed me that SnowEx discontinued the skid steer version of the Power Plow. That's disappointing news. I had planned on ridding myself of my skid steer V plow and going with a Power Plow this winter.

What is the down pressure in pounds?
    Snoway is 250# i was just wondering if if was something closer to them or less i didn't see any info on that.
    Not that I am changing plows Just wondering.
    Oh sure you're street smart.

Sesame Street Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by 2COR517 View Post
    the exception of all but the most inbred Mainahs.
    That should keep Fisher in bizness for several decades. At least until global warming ends winter as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Camden View Post
    Steve informed me that SnowEx discontinued the skid steer version of the Power Plow. That's disappointing news. I had planned on ridding myself of my skid steer V plow and going with a Power Plow this winter.
    So they discontinue the 8611 and now the skidsteer. Brilliant.

Guess that opens the doors for the likes of HLA and MetalPless. For tractors and skidsteers.

So with the exception of the 10' straight, Fisher and Western have nothing for bigger trucks. Marketing geniusesssss they are.

Why aren't pics allowed in the signature line?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark O View Post

So with the exception of the 10' straight, Fisher and Western have nothing for bigger trucks. Marketing geniusesssss they are.
    It's upsetting but DD knows what they're doing as they continue to produce gains for their shareholders.

I can't sit back and let you boys have all the fun. I'll try to answer some of the questions here.

Scrape Maxx - released yesterday, it is on our website. http://snowexproducts.com/scrape-maxx/

The amount of down force on the blade is not really able to be measured in pounds. The amount of force is in relation with the amount of weight the plow adds to the vehicle when mounted. It is controlled with a pressure sensing switch which is preset to the appropriate setting.

Regarding bigger plows and no 8611 or Skid Steers. Appreciate the input. Awesome products that move a lot of snow. As you can see we've been very busy the last few years and will continue innovate and build products that our customers desire.

Aboot time they made a V-Plow and came out with down force.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark O View Post

Perhaps DD doesn't want to cross in to their own market. Since they own Henderson I'm sure they have a DD product to fit anything from a canyon to a top kick. In their wide array of offerings I'm sure one of their product lines have a offering for about any application.

companies are made to produce profit, not satisfy the needs of individual consumers. We occasionally drop product lines when the cost of maintaining them exceeds a resonable return or the quality doesn't meet our standards. Does it annoy some customers? Yes, but ask those same people if they would continue to purchase the product at a higher cost and most will say no and look for another supplier.

how am I doing prediction wise there Mark O? I believe I told you when DD purchased Blizzard the name would go away and DD purchased them not only for the rotating wing technology but to provide a direct lift platform for Down pressure once snoway's patents expired.

I'll even go all Karnic and suggest HLA, metalpless, or another major player in that market are in DD's sights. Provides them with the missing gap in their offerings and as a long time shareholder it's a move I would applaud.

Homepage

Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    Perhaps DD doesn't want to cross in to their own market. Since they own Henderson I'm sure they have a DD product to fit anything from a canyon to a top kick. In their wide array of offerings I'm sure one of their product lines have a offering for about any application.

companies are made to produce profit, not satisfy the needs of individual consumers.

Did you go to the same school of business M J D did? If you'll recall, he thought\thinks advertisers are more important than members.

Each individual customer is what makes a profit.

We occasionally drop product lines when the cost of maintaining them exceeds a resonable return or the quality doesn't meet our standards. Does it annoy some customers? Yes, but ask those same people if they would continue to purchase the product at a higher cost and most will say no and look for another supplier.

how am I doing prediction wise there Mark O? I believe I told you when DD purchased Blizzard the name would go away and DD purchased them not only for the rotating wing technology but to provide a direct lift platform for Down pressure once snoway's patents expired.

Did I say you were wrong in your prediction? I didn't doubt it.

I'll even go all Karnic and suggest HLA, metalpless, or another major player in that market are in DD's sights. Provides them with the missing gap in their offerings and as a long time shareholder it's a move I would applaud.

Why aren't pics allowed in the signature line?

It's easy to find so I won't C&P but see if you can get your head around the "The Pareto principle." No individual customer ever makes you a profit, in fact some cost you money, same is true for manufacturers. MarkO being able to buy a product is not as important as corporate bottom line, if only MarkO cares it's a no brainer profitably wise, why car manufacturers drop model lines, yes it may create antomosity amoung the few people who are devotees but if they are only willing to buy unprofitable products corporately you are better off without them.

if this wasn't the case you'd be working for nationals, after all they want your services, and have no concern at all for your profitability.

Homepage

Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information