Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: New driveway machine

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    one step over the line
    Posts
    4,453

    Default New driveway machine

    New toy, going to install a Curtis on it. Want to keep the ground clearance and I like the apperance on the jeep. Will post more pics as project progresses.
    Attached Images Attached Images

    Homepage

    Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In the moment
    Posts
    3,029

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Looks good.

    Wish we had one..

    What's that in the middle of the hood? Looks like some sort of plate. Is that staying there?

    Us 3rd grade Michigan nitwits paint our hoods black.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Corn Belt
    Posts
    3,499

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    going to install a Curtis on it.
    A what!? :eek:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kendrick View Post

    .....'Now learn to pay attention. Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    one step over the line
    Posts
    4,453

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by TCLA View Post
    What's that in the middle of the hood? Looks like some sort of plate. Is that staying there?

    Us 3rd grade Michigan nitwits paint our hoods black.
    Some ??? painted it silver, same guy stuck on the chrome side panels and grill guard. Grill guard is gone already, kick panels will go when we sprayline the inteiror cause we will spray them too.

    Homepage

    Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    5,436

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    That would be a sweet driveway rig. Hopefully it comes with a top though!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    one step over the line
    Posts
    4,453

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Cretebaby View Post
    A what!? :eek:
    C U R T I S
    one; they have a mount that looks good and doesn't screw up approuch angles
    two; my other choice is Meyer
    three: I like enclosed hydraulics
    four: I have a good parts supplier
    five: I like their jeep offering, 24 inches high, poly/poly available and available in a seven foot
    six; only they and Meyer have a mount available
    seven; I like the look of the mount with the front bumper of the jeep
    eight; while I know you don't like them I have many good reports. Main complaint I hear is poor parts availablity see #4
    Nine: My truck! I get to choose the plow regardless of your opinion i really didn't ask. Hell if I'd have said Snoway Triple L would be here. Get rid of the brand blinders. I'll let you and Curtis both know if I don't like it.

    Homepage

    Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    one step over the line
    Posts
    4,453

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by image View Post
    That would be a sweet driveway rig. Hopefully it comes with a top though!
    Real men don't need tops! Best top I ever had was a CHEAP JC whittney on a CJ5 almost all plastic it only lasted two seasons (one season longer then I had the truck) it was almost like no top at all. you could see every corner.

    It came with a ratty soft top, I have a couple leads on used hard tops and full doors. once I get all that togeather we might even paint it all one color

    Homepage

    Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In the moment
    Posts
    3,029

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Sounds like an impulse buy.

    eyes:

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Corn Belt
    Posts
    3,499

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    C U R T I S
    one; they have a mount that looks good and doesn't screw up approuch angles
    two; my other choice is Meyer
    three: I like enclosed hydraulics
    four: I have a good parts supplier
    five: I like their jeep offering, 24 inches high, poly/poly available and available in a seven foot
    six; only they and Meyer have a mount available
    seven; I like the look of the mount with the front bumper of the jeep
    eight; while I know you don't like them I have many good reports. Main complaint I hear is poor parts availablity see #4
    Nine: My truck! I get to choose the plow regardless of your opinion i really didn't ask. Hell if I'd have said Snoway Triple L would be here. Get rid of the brand blinders. I'll let you and Curtis both know if I don't like it.
    LOL.

    Toby you want to tell him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kendrick View Post

    .....'Now learn to pay attention. Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The NEW EllTeeEss
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Chad's looking for a girlfriend. He doesn't have time for stuff like bashing Noway's, besides I think he's a nitwit too who doesn't like nuisance snow.

    Why aren't pics allowed in the signature line?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    S.E. Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    C U R T I S

    eight; while I know you don't like them I have many good reports. Main complaint I hear is poor parts availablity see #4
    Nine: My truck! I get to choose the plow regardless of your opinion i really didn't ask. Hell if I'd have said Snoway Triple L would be here. Get rid of the brand blinders. I'll let you and Curtis both know if I don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cretebaby View Post
    LOL.

    Toby you want to tell him?



    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
    And why I am always bitching about stuff? I'm really like bir.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,515

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Good deal. That would probably actually work good for around there because you guys dont get a lot of snow...


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    1,115

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
    Chad's looking for a girlfriend. He doesn't have time for stuff like bashing Noway's, besides I think he's a nitwit too who doesn't like nuisance snow.
    LOL, well said....

    I actually think I'm gonna keep my new avatar line... Even tho I can't remember putting it up there
    SIMA Member
    Certified Landscape Technician

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,494

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    That's not poor Matthews Jeep is it?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Cretebaby View Post
    LOL.

    Toby you want to tell him?
    All I will say is someone that doesn't live to far from me likes the color orange. *g
    [^

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    one step over the line
    Posts
    4,453

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by B&B View Post
    That's not poor Matthews Jeep is it?
    No, he wouldn't be happy with a YJ stripper, he's rolling a TJ Sahara.

    We considered doing his jeep but he's living at school this year and so it won't be around when needed

    Plus I wanted another toy. The CJ5 is great for the summer and in the woods but it is hardcore, no heat, no top, no doors, vacuum wipers, a top speed of about 60mph and a PTO winch on the front. Not really a cold weather machine.

    Homepage

    Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    I had one just like it. I can only hope that your Jeep is more reliable than every other Jeep, and that it starts and runs through the season :)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The NEW EllTeeEss
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottht View Post
    I had one just like it. I can only hope that your Jeep is more reliable than every other Jeep, and that it starts and runs through the season :)
    Just curious, why do you say this?

    I had a '95 Wrangler that I used for sidewalks until 2 years ago. Probably the most reliable and most money making vs repair cost piece of equipment I ever owned.

    Why aren't pics allowed in the signature line?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    one step over the line
    Posts
    4,453

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark O View Post
    Just curious, why do you say this?

    I had a '95 Wrangler that I used for sidewalks until 2 years ago. Probably the most reliable and most money making vs repair cost piece of equipment I ever owned.

    Agreed, and when they don't work it's quick and easy. Changed a clutch master cyl. in a UD parking lot in under an hour last weekend. Faster to do it there than hual it back to the shop. Damn Pepboys part changed it in early July. I told him to OEM but they weren't open on Sunday and he had to have it.. After this one went I told him to get a OEM and put in in the Jeep for next time.

    Homepage

    Like us on Facebook!
    "Big hitter, the Lama. Long!." Carl Spackler


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: New driveway machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark O View Post
    Just curious, why do you say this?

    I had a '95 Wrangler that I used for sidewalks until 2 years ago. Probably the most reliable and most money making vs repair cost piece of equipment I ever owned.
    I have owned 4 Wranglers, and I guess it was just my bad luck that they all were problematic. I agree easy to work on, but I don't want to work on any vehicle in the winter.
    They are the most fun vehicle I have owned and would love another one.
    But I cant agree they are reliable.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •